Evolve Fostering is a leading provider of therapeutic fostering and support.
This is a specialist type of foster care that supports children and young people who may have dealt with trauma, abuse or any other kind of severe disruption prior to being placed in foster care.
Sadly, many children who are in need of care require additional support. The impact of any of these factors on children and young people can be great. Often resulting in a wide range of complex needs, such as anger, frustration, emotional withdrawal, lack of interest or a constant demand for attention.
In addition to all of the usual benefits of fostering, therapeutic fostering incorporates:
- • Additional therapeutic interventions for children and young people who have had an especially difficult start in life.
- • Enhanced and focused training
- • Access to specialist support such as play therapy for children and young persons
- • Access to a clinical team and support
- • Increased foster carer payment up to £750 per week
- • Increased home visits from your social workers and skills worker
- • Access to a peer mentor and support groups
The aim of therapeutic fostering is to help children and young persons to feel safe and begin to recover from their experiences.
By fostering you’ll be playing a pivotal role in shaping a child’s future. The relationships children have with their foster parents is imperative to their long-term development, and with our specialist training, support and guidance you can rely on us to help you to help them.
We, at evolve, are a fostering service with over 30 years’ experience in changing lives. We know how important it is to feel valued and supported on your fostering journey, so we will be there for you every step of the way. We provide training and expertise across Kent, the South East and London.
“Therapeutic fostering isn’t about becoming a therapist, it is a way of therapeutically parenting a child or young person who missed out on healthy emotional development and milestones in their early years.”