“Support is second to none!”
“evolve is honest, open and transparent in their approach and practice”
“We felt undervalued and unsupported at our previous agency. Since transferring to evolve we receive unlimited support and quality and meaningful supervision”
“evolve are a “whole team”. They do what they say they will do”
“Transferring to evolve is the best decision we have made!”
“Regarding our transfer, it is the best decision we’ve made and no looking back!”
Case study from transferring carers
Areas that are better for you since joining evolve.
1. The support received is second to none – from the whole team. The therapeutic input, to advocate meetings and provide quality support, advice and guidance in any given situation. Everything is followed up, you are never left hanging, nor do you feel on our own.
2. evolve are open, honest and transparent in their practice and approach.
3. There is quality and meaningful supervision. It is not about box ticking.
4. You are treated as a fostering family. Birth children are included in all events. And there is also participation events and social events for foster carers.
5. 21 days respite, a very good package!
Five reasons for transferring from your previous agency to evolve.
1. We were concerned with the high turnover at the previous agency.
2. There was a lack from transparency within previous agency organisation. We were passed between members of staff, with no straight answers given to any queries.
3. There was a lack of honesty. Agreements were rarely fulfilled regarding fostering allowances for the children and the carers. However, when agreed, the agreements were not adhered to.
4. There were uncomfortable and constant calls from the previous agency. The calls were to extract information about previous members of staff. An unprofessional approach.
5. We felt unvalued as foster carers, and not listened to.
Since transferring to evolve can you share six areas that are better for you and Len since joining evolve?
1. Feeling valued as a foster carer. We are listened to and are part of the team.
2. Better financial package.
3. If we call with a query, a question, an issue, or there is support needed, there is always somebody to assist. We are never left hanging or passed around the whole agency.
4. There are more things in place for young people, with groups and events for all.
5. There are trackers in place to support carers with problems, which are identified before they become an issue.
6. Unlimited support. There is always somebody on duty. We care not only about the young people, but the care we receive. Evolve provide us with high quality support and care.
Let’s start at the beginning: why did you want to foster?
I initially wanted to foster as I always saw myself having a family but was told by doctors that I had a less than
Fostering agencies are subject to regulations, relevant legislation and acts. These aim to ensure that children and young persons are safeguarded and there is a high level of support to achieve positive outcomes. They also cover practice guidance, key reporting requirements and other key compliance areas. Please see a summary below of the key and…
Each foster carer has their dedicated and allocated social worker. Your social worker will have relevant experience and be social work qualified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fostering in Kent, the South East and London
Choosing to become a foster parent may well be a life changing decision so it’s important to feel confident of the different types of support you will get. Here we outline what you can expect from one of Kent’s leading fostering agencies, evolve…
How to switch to us
At evolve, we understand that transferring services can be a huge decision for foster parents and it is not one that should be taken lightly. However, if you believe it is the right decision for you, we would welcome the opportunity to provide advice and guidance as to the process of transfer and discuss the opportunities we would make available to you and your family.
Young People’s Guide
This booklet is to help you understand what being looked after means and what foster care is. You can download our Young People’s Guide below.