Can I Foster?
We are a fostering service with a difference. We believe that every child or young person should live in a nurturing and supportive family who will keep them safe, create connections, and encourage them to evolve.
- To promote the importance of evidence-based therapeutic fostering so it is understood, recognised and supported to ensure society understands, values and recognises how therapeutic foster parents transform children and young people’s lives.
- To provide opportunities for children and young people that benefit them, make their voices heard and enable them to reach their potential.
- Whenever we are working with or making decisions that affect children and young people in our care, our aspirations will always be the same as if they were our own children.
- To operate with integrity and within an open culture, which demands co-operation, collaboration, communication, and challenge.
- To continue to research and make use of pioneering and innovative ways to achieve enhanced outcomes.
- Together, we ensure that every child or young person’s circumstances can benefit from our collective wealth of knowledge and experience.
We have a qualified and experienced social work and therapeutic team enabling us to deliver outstanding therapeutic evidence-based fostering services to children and young people and their foster families.
I can’t remember a time when I haven’t been surrounded by fostering. I grew up in a house with my brothers and sisters and up to as many as five foster siblings, some staying for months and others for years.
Alison qualified as a social worker in 2005. Alison started her social work career working in independent fostering services and has extensive experience in social work, management, and quality assurance.
Dr. Lesley Hanney
A Consultant Systemic Family Psychotherapist registered with Association of Family Therapy (AFT) and United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapist (UKCP) although she initially trained in Art Psychotherapy.